The Initiative for Caltech Students is your chance to ensure the student experience remains as strong and innovative as our academics. Learn more about our giving priorities, how to give, and how your investment will enhance the student experience and the success of the institution.
Caltech is a Section 501(c)3 nonprofit and your gift may qualify as a charitable deduction for federal income tax purposes. Please consult with your tax adviser or the IRS for more information. Caltech’s Tax ID Number is 95-1643307.
Let’s get specific: Your investment will go directly to optimizing the student experience. Our goal is to raise $250 million total, in each of the following categories:
$100 million for undergraduate scholarships
$60 million for graduate fellowships
$30 million for health and wellness
$25 million for career advising
$35 million for co-curricular experience
With your gift to the Initiative for Caltech Students, we will ensure our student experience meets the excellence of our rigorous academic program by offering competitive financial packages, flexible research opportunities, enhanced whole-person health care, career advising and mentorship, and co-curricular activities that promote vital life and leadership skills.
Your gift to the initiative will strengthen our competitive, comprehensive student experience for tomorrow’s leaders.
There are many ways to make a gift to the Initiative for Caltech Students:
- Give online with a credit card
- Give online with cryptocurrency
- Check: Please make checks payable to Caltech, include your gift designation in the memo line or include an accompanying note, and mail to:
Advancement and Alumni Relations
P.O. Box 102963
Pasadena, CA 91189-2963
- With gifts of appreciated securities—stocks, bonds, or mutual funds that have increased in value—you can support Caltech while earning an income-tax deduction equal to the fair market value. You will not be assessed capital gains taxes on the transfer. Please email or fax the DTC instruction form prior to transferring stocks or securities. For step-by-step instructions on transferring your stocks and securities to Caltech, please see the Gifts of Stock page.
- Matching Gift Program: To find out if your employer offers a matching program, use the search function on the Caltech Matching Gift and Volunteer Grant Programs page. Please contact your employer for instructions and send your completed matching gift form to email@example.com.
- You can also support Caltech with Venmo via @CaltechGiving, wire and electronic funds transfers (EFT), or payroll deductions. For more information, call (626) 395-6323.
- For planned giving—including bequests, IRA Charitable Rollovers, real estate, or personal property—contact the Office of Gift Planning at (626) 395-2927
The Initiative for Caltech Students will raise $250 million to provide a richly diverse and inclusive student experience that exceeds the expectations of the world’s best and brightest scientific minds. Enhancing the student experience will push our competitive edge as the destination of choice for the future leaders of scientific and technological revolution in an increasingly competitive higher education landscape.
As a top-tier STEM institution, we have the privilege of educating students from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences. The initiative will invest in financial aid and support services that will allow all students to fully immerse themselves in our best-in-class academic experience, produce groundbreaking research, and create bold innovations.